At Cortland Valuation Group, we understand that valuations are used for a variety of purposes and that, as a business owner, you have unique reasons for wanting to assess your company’s value. You may need an independent assessment of the entity’s fair market value, a determination of it’s worth as a closely held corporation, or a fairness opinion for transactional purposes. Whether you are planning an imminent intergenerational transfer, to consummate a more distant orderly transition, or to pursue the process of a merger or acquisition, CVG’s valuation will provide an objective benchmark against which to measure your personal, business and financial objectives.
1. TAX PLANNING & COMPLIANCE
Business valuations for tax liability management and reporting requirements. CVG appraisers and reports meet the definitions of "Qualified Appraisers" and "Qualified Appraisals" for IRS reporting requirements.
- Fair market value of stock compensation (409A)
- Reasonableness of executive compensation
- Calculation of capital gains tax
- Valuations for C to S corp conversions
Gift and Estate Tax
- Planning for wealth transfer
- Reporting value on IRS forms 706 and 709
- Expert witness for audit review / tax court
- Fair market value of donations reported on IRS form 8283
2. FINANCIAL REPORTING
Business valuations to assist management in complying with US GAAP and IFRS. CVG works closely with the management and audit teams to ensure timely completion of analyses that comply with currrent financial reporting standards.
3. TRANSACTIONS / MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
Business valuations to determine fair pricing and assist in deal structure
- Management planning
- Fairness opinions
- Solvency opinions
- Shareholder transactions